I love the "plain-ness" of the current front panel. Very futuristic. However, the screws on the face are a sore spot. If there were a way to have the front panel as-is but without the visible screws, that would be the best of both worlds. I have no idea how you could possibly do this without breaking Mk1 compatibility, so I'm nervous about even saying it (since I like the idea of upgrading my display panel). Perhaps some kind of a friction insert into the existing screw holes?

While we're on the subject of the front panel, will the Mk2 do anything about the following points?:

- More clearance around buttons and handle to prevent sticking and scraping?

- Transparency blocker so you can't see inside the unit in direct sunlight?

- Handle extension to 90 degrees?

- Something other than silver paint around the edges so that it doesn't rub off?

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe a redesign with a molded panel isn't such a bad idea. I mean, the list above makes it sound like something awful, which it isn't. Those points above are so minor. But the unit's face is its way of showing itself to the world. I know the idea of "looks" is kind of silly to think about- the Empeg is all about its internals, not about its looks. If you see visible screws on the front, it gives it a homemade look, which is fine if that's the effect you want to achieve. Something to think about, anyway.

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.