That's my biggest gripe...

Really?

I didn't think it was possible that anything could be more irritating than the out and out rude and inconsiderate behavior of the "left-lane-bandit" (right lane in the UK and Australia) -- you know, the guy who drives in the left lane, doing exactly the speed limit, driving right beside someone in the right hand lane going the same speed. For mile after mile. Totally, completely, ob-f*cking-blivious to the traffic backed up behind him (correction: her -- at least 95% if the time it is a woman).

These people seem to come in three varieties: (1) the driver who is completely unaware of what is going on around him/her; (2) the driver who upon entering the highway immediately goes to the left lane (even if there is not another car for a mile in either direction) because there is usually less traffic in that lane; (3) the driver who will very shortly be exiting the highway from the left lane -- "very shortly" in this instance being defined as anything less than the next six to ten miles.

If I could just have some sort of magical beam I could shoot out from my car that would instantly fry the engine electronics of the car ahead of me...

tanstaafl.