So, if you're driving on the East Coast, count your blessings.
Well, maybe in the Northeast. In Raleigh, N.C., it's awful. People camp in passing lanes. People rush ahead to pass you and then slow down. People refuse to let you merge from an entrance ramp. People slow miles before getting in their exit ramp/turn lane. People rubberneck over cans in the road. But at least you can't see anything except the SUV the size of a barn in front of you.

Of course, this is all contributed to by poor traffic engineering. We had cloverleafs that were removed because people couldn't figure out how to use them. We have roundabouts with stop signs to get in them. We have stop signs at the end of entrance ramps. There is only one left-hand entrance onto a highway that I can think of, but it occurs about 500 feet before a right-hand exit that has basically no slowing-down room, so that you're forced to slow down to about 40mph on the highway, so that you've got ridiculously slow-moving traffic in the right lane, and merging going on in the left lane.

Even so, it's much easier than trying to drive in Winston-Salem, which I'm pretty sure is the capital of the putrid-driving ignoramus.

And I've driven in Boston and other areas of the Northeast. The thing is that, while they're remarkably aggressive drivers, they're also very good drivers.