I just stopped by my personal favorite stereo store to find a new head unit for my Empeg installation. They were out of the unit I was interested in, so I stopped by my second favorite. While the first choice seemed unfamiliar with the Empeg, these guys not only had heard of it, but said they had done about five in the last month... (any one here from the East Side of Seattle?)

They said they would be happy to install the unit for me. When I told them I had a Toyota Tercel the installer said that was bad news. He claimed the Empeg does not fit in the Toyota ISO bay well at all. In fact, he claimed the last one he did stuck out about half an inch and looked really ugly. Something to do with "those guys make them to look good in German Cars only..."

I can't believe this... Has anyone had this problem with their installation? Is there some trick to get it to fit better? This guy really seemed to know his stuff. I would rather not take his suggestion to "buy another car..."

On a similar note, can anyone from the Seattle area recommend a good installer...?

I think I'm going to cry...
Brian