I seriously don't think there would be a problem with the standard toolset provided on the developer image. We don't even compile it ourselves, the tools are taken from the debian-arm setup - and again, we only have to provide these on request. Noone has asked for them from us for the simple reason that if they want them, they know they can get the sources for (eg) bash anywhere.

Bearing in mind we're a small company, us spending several days before every release getting every tool's source up on the website before we post the latest code is probably a bad use of time - especially seeing as noone would be particularly interested in recompiling bash for their empeg as far as I'm aware. We have no problems with doing this, and we *do* post the source to the kernel for every release (which is where all the changes to GPL stuff are). Mike's particularly concerned about GPL and being the debian guru has been looking at the other GPL software on the box so I'm sure that by release 1 the tool sources will be up - however, at the moment we have many other pressing issues to chase.

My (personal) opinion of Stallman is that he goes too far with some people who have good intentions, and turns a lot of people off open-source by doing so.

Hugo