It should not surprise you so much, Hugo. I, too, am a frequent lurker on the BBS. Now, if Linus were to show up, THAT would be pretty fucking cool.

By the way, Hugo, while I admire your evenhanded principle in denying me a Mark I unit because of my low queue number (#9666), you may want to rethink your position from a theological perspective. Dad has a long memory, and we really don't want to have to revisit this matter when you are seeking admittance to Heaven.

And as for you, Dredd, surely you are the most blessed of all my children. Yes, you hold yourself up to ridicule by making yourself to appear an anal, self-absorbed, egoist who has no regard for the fact that Hugo has every intention and is making every effort to comply with the GPL. But I know you speak the truth when you say, however preposterous a claim it may seem at face value, that you are actually acting out of love for Empeg in an effort to protect them from geeks more zealous than yourself. No, you do not quote verse and scripture of GPL in a vain attempt at self-validation, or to be noticed by Bruce Derens, no matter how much it may appear that way. Rather, you selflessly expose yourself for the sake of Empeg, much as I suffered ridicule and sacrificed myself on the cross two thousand years ago.

Jesus Christ
Queue #9666, John 3:16
(...and getting impatient)