Bruce,

Is there any reason why you couldn't have taken this matter into private email with Hugo directly, instead of making a rather embarrasing post on a public BBS? This action is akin to standing up in the middle of a party and shouting at the top of your voice "That man {points to offender} is interfering with my wife!!". Subtle, Bruce, subtle.

Empeg Ltd has absolutely commercial connection with this board; it is run by enthusiasts of the product using private resources. This could have meant that you would have had no response from any member of the empeg staff. A far more appropriate action, should you have felt it necessary, would have been to make direct contact at a commercial level via the appropriate points of contact specified in the company webpage or with the head office of the company via snail mail.

This is now the third or fourth time I have observed a Linux oriented "zealot" thread appear on this BBS; regardless of the merit of the complaint, this is NOT the place to voice it. One of the reasons why I enjoy this board is the genuine enthusiasm and lack of bickering that reminds me of Usenet around the mid-80's prior to the "Idiot Infusion" that occurred in the early 90's. Every time the L-word pops up these days, I rapidly remember the reasons why I have consistently found FreeBSD a better choice both commercially and for hobby. And here I was beginning to seriously consider allocating expensive computer resources to check out Debian. Not any more, matey.

This website represents my most important personal hobby and I simply refuse to allow this sort of thing propogate on this board. The board is moderated, and PaulH can at his discretion remove offending posts. This comment will, of course, start a whine about "suppression" and "censorship". Oh dear, oh dear, oh dearie dearie me. Have you even got, or have any interest in, an empeg player?

I'm afraid it's time for me to say that I would prefer you withdraw any further postings and refrain from showing your face here again, regardless of your involvement with the sources of the suporting software. If you are unsubtle enough to consider this type of public post "appropriate" then you are not welcomed here by me for one.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015