First off, to jump back to Rob's message: Yes, you're correct, you don't have to provide the sources, except if someone asks, but, consider this:

Section 3 of the GPL. Either
(a) accompany the Empeg unit with the machine-readable source code, (or)
(b) accompany the Empeg unit with a written offer, valid for at least three years to give ANY THIRD PARTY, the source code, (or)
(c) [not applicable to Empeg since it applies only to noncommercial distribution]

Section 1 of the GPL: Did you include a copy of the GPL in the Empeg package, as required by the GPL.

As near as I can tell, the answer to both questions is "No.", which puts Empeg in a very tenuous position of having violated the terms of the GPL.

This is why I brought this up the first time -- I think its GREAT you guys are using open source stuff, but there's rules to how its done, and right now you guys are not following the rules. Anyone who wanted to be a prick could just point it out to the license-holders, and a world of shit would rain down, bad press, legal fees, you name it. That's a Bad Thing, right?

Jeez, I try to give you guys a heads-up that you're missing something before someone more of a prick than I am notices, and you basically act like I pissed on your breakfast. "Oh, I suppose we COULD do that, but it would delay the next release". So what?! Delay the next release, but make the next release LEGAL, lest you suddenly find that the license-holders decide to not you play with their toys anymore because you're violating the license. Then what? A WinCE-based Empeg?!

*sigh*