Well, now that my docks are shipping, and the backlit button kits don't seem to be, I'd like to gauge interest in doing backlit buttons via the "pinhole" method described elsewhere on this BBS.

Basically, this would involve me supplying and installing the 4-gang resistor pack and four button LEDs, and drilling small holes through the tips of the existing grey player buttons to let the light through. These small pinholes would then be patched smooth and flush with dabs of clear epoxy, which would still let some light through.

It may even be possible to have a single LED placed under the knob too, with a few pinholes there as well.

The fee for this service would likely be around US$60-75 or so, parts and labour included, return shipping not included (those LEDs are very pricey, wow!). As with the button kit installs, you would remove the display board from your unit, send it to me, and I would do the installation and return it via shipping method of your choice.

Nothing definite yet, just checking the level of interest. I will be doing this to one of my own players for sure. And there's nothing about this that would prevent later retrofit of Brian's translucent button caps or full knob kits.

??

Edited by mlord (15/03/2003 13:43)