I grew up in a Christian family. I went to church every Sunday and most Wednesdays until I was about 17 years old. So I'm not talking without knowledge or personal experience.

The extreme hypocrisy with which seemingly most, but probably just many so-called Christians live their lives has soured me on the whole thing forever. I never had any experience to lead me to believe that this life is any more than what we can see, but that's not the point. Christanity has a pretty good philosophy, at least except for Paul's extremes. But so many Christians have basically no interest in that.

Thats pretty much my background as well, I personally don't like the judgement aspect of the "holy rollers". I'm not married, I live with my fiance and have a child with her, I believe myself to be a good father and partner (at some point we'll get married, it just hasn't been an issue for either of us). If I hear from one more "Christian" about how I'm living in sin and most likely going to burn in hell I think I'm going to explode....