Thanks for the reply. With regards to the weather support, the goal is actually to get the rio to speak out the weather. The thought being that you'de hit a button on your remote, and it would pause the current audio, have a digitized voice read out the temperature/forcast, then resume playing music. This can be extended to all kinds of good things like stock listings, etc.

Being able to wrap-scroll would be easy to add -- I'll add that to the next version of the code as well. I'll also play around with m3u support to see how hard it would be to get that to work. Would it be easier to have a top-level option that's "Play All Shuffle Repeat?" I'de have to figure out a way to get the server to give me a list of all mp3's -- even the ones without id3 tags.

I've been playing around with microcontrollers and i2c stuff latley, and I need to refresh my java skills for a job interview next week (god, I hate java, why is J2EE such the fad these days?). I'll get back to the rio soon though.

I've got a Question for you all -- If you could get a larger display attached to the RIO, but it required opening up the case and connecting something to a header inside it -- would you do that? An extreme that would be cool would be something that actually projected the song info or some visual effects on the wall or ceiling.

Another question -- who here would like an alarm clock option?

Reza