Ok, I see where you are going with the weather reporting. That would be cool to have it read it out. Does the rio have the kind of power to synthesize a voice?

A "Play All Repeat Shuffle" option would be perfect for my needs. Perhaps something working off of the file names instead of the id3 tags? I don't know if that would make it any easier, but most of the filenames I've seen are descriptive enough to be used for basic info.

The m3u support isn't critical by any means. I'm just using it now since the current client supports it and they are easy to make using winamp. If it's easier to support some other format of playlist or even develop a playlist format of your own, that would work as well.

For a larger display.. I don't think I'd be willing to open my unit up for a couple reasons. First, I hate to risk my only rio for a hardware mod when I can't just run down to Best Buy and get another one. Second, I've already got a monitor set up in the same place as my rio (I'm running some spectral analysis software for tuning purposes), so the web interface status screen gives me all the info I need. But I think for the people that don't have a monitor handy, some sort of display option might be a good idea.

98PaceCar