At first I thought it might have to do with the way I tar'd up the files after I swapped out the two files... But it looks exactly like what I had before. Odd that after swapping out the two files my 10/100 Ethernet port enabled Rio would no longer boot either. So it really could be the way I'm retar'ing the files up. I'm simply doing a tar -cf ../receiver.tar ./* from the root directory of where your files are. And then renaming the receiver.tar file to receiver.arf after I transfer it to my Windows server. Hmmm... I'll have to look into it some more...

As far as the Web server not returning requests, I've found that after I hit submit to update the configuration file - the Web server locks up until I unplug the receiver and plug it back in (The rio isn't locked up - it'll still play music). The file is updated - however, I don't have a directory like you mentioned in your post. At least on my Windows 2000 server, there's only...

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites

The logged in user (since we still can't run the software as a service...) is would be listed under:

c:\Documents and Settings\audioreceiver\Favorites

And there are no files listed there. Still - the settings are being saved somewhere Just don't know where yet...

I'll also take a look at those HTML files. I don't have any compilers but I did download your source files... It should be fun to play around with those.

I also wouldn't mind working on some of the interface screens on the receiver with you. The fonts aren't really pretty...

I also noticed (since my DSL line is acting a little flakey today) that when a shoutcast stream gets cut off - the rio stops responding to any front panel controls... It seems to lock up until I think some sort of timeout threshold hits.

That's it for now... more playing to be done...

Thanks!
Dave