Quote:
Even if the LCD-display just say CD01-1

That's about all I can ever hope to do on mine, so I need to sort out some sort of remote display somehow.

Quote:
(already mounted with the self-made adapor in the same bay of the original cd-changer)

So your empeg mounts vertically? My changer mounts horizontally under the rear shelf. I can't see that mounting it horizontally will be very good so I think a bracket angling the empeg up might be a good idea to prevent any chance of it sliding out.

Quote:
1) Using +12V/GND from the original cd-changer connector (the one that also has the I-BUS signal), I can haar the alternator in the speakers (!). I hope it's a not-so-good-ground problem, I have to investigate further.

Up until now I have been powering off the cigarette lighter socket and have been getting noticeable alternator whine. I was planning to move to power off the Ibus connector hoping the whine would go away - Apparently it might not it seems. The only option might be a good ground loop isolator.

Quote:
4) Maybe, when I finish the daemon that deals with the I-BUS, I could think to swap also the player software (the original software eat a lof of CPU, and I think I don't need anymore most of the original features): what alternative (and open source) player do you suggest? Squash looks good, but don't seems actively developed anymore.

I think the original software will be the best. I doubt you'll get much lower CPU usage with anything else. Turning off visuals would be a good start though.

I'm finding some "lag" in the button presses but that's more than likely my interface code doing wierd things.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)