Unfortunately, that is easier said than done I believe. Most of the under dash is even shrouded by covers and the only easy opening to things that I know is the glovebox.

Considering this is a new to me car and much nicer than anything I've had before, I'd rather deal with the inconvenience of pulling the empeg out now and then rather than cutting up the dash... I mean, I did a bit of a less conventional computer install than I've seen on BMW's because I didn't want to ruin the sunglass holder and remove the OBC

I used to design things for the automotive industry and the product we designed was an under dash power steering motor for cars in Europe... the design criteria for under dash temp was like 75C if I remember correctly and this was meant to be absolute worst case for operation and 120C for storage. I find it hard to believe that the dash area would get near that temp under normal running conditions. Mind you that this particular electric motor was running 75A and 12V for lengths of time up to a min. If it passed, and it did, it seems like other less current drawing items would not generate more heat...