Well tonight I went from not having Linux on my system at all to compiling my first kernel in about 4 hours. Not too shabby. Had to get a good .config file from this BBS and figure out a few things about the toolchain, but now it's a breeze.

My first attempt at slowing down the repeat rate was to to the same changes to the #defines just to see if the repeat settings worked, and they don't seem to. I even tried increasing the timings buffer in empeg_ir.h (which probably doesn't even have anything to do with the repeat count) just for fun.

I guess the next strategy would be to put something in the ir_read() function to discard every Nth code received. Until I become more familiar with the code and the various custom typedefs and structures, I probably won't be getting anywhere. The thing I'm concerned with is the code and ocmments make it look like there's already "filter repeat" logic in there, and a "discard" strategy might cause timing issues with whatever repeat logic is in there.

Well, time to get VMWare running so I can do this crap from Windoze. I'll do some more hacking in the next few days and report my results. Looking at this code has given me a new respect for the Empeg programmers, though I *am* a little confused as to why the #defines don't do what they say they do!

-Tony
MkII #554