WIth a default set, it is now possible to install the kernel on a consumer-image.

with the previous kernel, it was necessary to feed the codes to the player after boot-up. This ment you had to have a program running on the empeg to perform this feeding for you. As all programs on the empeg are started through init, you had to replace it. To replace it, you got to have a command-line interface to the empeg, which is only available in the developer-image.
The program to feed the codes is called "cat" (from concatenate). Under DOS/windows there's a similar command called "type".

A couple of questions Frank, what do you mean by the line above and can I add more lines into your code to allow for more functions (more than the five that you have)? It seems to me that I could have up to and including nine the way I read it. I see that the language structure is much the same as Java....

Yes you can, but the code you refer to must be patched to the kernel source and recompiled.
Post the codes to this BBS and I will make it the default if nobody complaints...

Frank van Gestel