Hi Frank,

I have no idea what the delays does. But they should be user-configurable, if possible. If you only support one timer/delay now, how about just making that configurable.

It could be the second line in the configuration file, or magic number in the code lines f.x. 0xFFFFFFFF:200 sets the delay to 200 msec.

But generally I better like the idea of the :: when you have the time to look at that :)

Also, Im curious - your hack looks at input to /dev/ir for configuration. I suppose the regular kernel doesnt look at input at all.

But on the output side, it looks as if the hack looks at the output from /dev/ir, and if it sees a code it is told to translate it also sends that code out. Which means that both the original and the translated ir-data enters the stream. Doesnt that confuse the players key-repeat algorithm (the volume adjustment isnt logarithmic with translated codes, its linear).

Also, what about support for the keypad - is that possible at all, as there are both a press and depress code?

Lars