Hi all,

I'm looking at web hosting providers. After searching the BBS, I basically came across a handful of candidates. I see that some of them are "powered by cPanel", which is a very nice looking control tool. However, after a bit of playing, I see that cPanel looks to Matt's Script Archive as a source of inspiration, rather than the stinking cesspool of shite code that it really is. Consequently, I'm a bit leery of any hosting provider that uses cPanel. I think that leaves Dreamhost.

Any other good recommendations that have sprung into existence since the last time this topic was aired?

The control-freak in me says I have to have full access -- ssh and the works (Dreamhost is good for this). The realist in me says good gosh, I don't need all those other features, nor that much storage or bandwidth (of course, perhaps I could use it for offsite backups).

Cheers,

Edit: Since I'm expecting low-bandwith usage, I'm even tempted to just use DynDNS's CustomDNS option to run things off a machine in my closet...