Quote:
Could you perhaps make your short long story less short?
I'd like to know what they did, as I'm hosting stuff with them.

Well, as long as you don't lose your cool like I did, you'll be fine. I sent a few too many emails to their tech support and they banned me for spamming. It was stupid, but after five hours without a single response to my urgent request (with call-back request) regarding non-functioning email addresses that I'd used on four resumes I sent out this morning, I was not in the happiest of moods.

Toss into the middle of this a generalized response (to everyone having problems today) that discounted my original ticket but didn't solve it, and I was one pissed customer.

They have since gone back on their ban (after chastising me a bit), but I told them I've already moved on to a company that I can get in touch with. Bluehost has a 24 hour support line, complete with constant voice prompts indicating your place in the queue. I was in front of my computer for four hours straight today, just hoping for someone to respond to my basic query. If I had been with Bluehost, at the very least I would have known how long it would be before they responded to me. With Dreamhost it seemed that my request was off in a void somewhere, and it was up to their whims as to whether they'd respond.

Like I said, I think I'm getting half the storage space for the money, but the rest is going to peace of mind.