Quote:
Almost as if the hotspot pixel in the mouse pointer cursor is in the wrong place in Linux and I have to adjust my behavior to compensate. Especially when doing things like dragging window borders or navigating menus and lists.

Mac OS X is almost as bad in this regard, although I'm starting to get used to the way a Mac feels and I can sort of get around without feeling like I'm about to fall off a cliff. But there are still moments when I feel like "dammit, I clicked on that checkbox, why didn't it check?!"

That, my friend, is called old age smile On the other hand, I can't stand to use a touchpad on a Windows laptop any more because I've gotten used to all the multi-touch capabilities of OS X.

Quote:
Of course, there's a lot more to a Linux distribution than just the kernel, and I wouldn't be surprised if their userland was totally different, but Linux is certainly involved.

Which, when you think about it, is what Apple did when they built OS X on top of a BSD kernel. IMHO, it's a recipe for success.