Matt, I think you're taking things the wrong way and definitely misreading what I was trying to say in both cases. I simply said that the context menu doesn't have the same items as the app menu. This is certainly expected and makes perfect sense. I wasn't arguing that at all. There's nothing bad about that. But it means you can't use exactly the same key sequence to achieve the "new folder" command because you're navigating two different menus.

If you were to record one specific macro it would only work in one place. My point is that this "sequence" is not a keyboard shortcut and not a substitute for one. That's why, as you have found, MS has finally included a real shortcut in Windows 7. That's good news, but not enough to get me to change over any of my XP systems. wink At home right now I have two Macs (three if you count one that's at a friend's house right now) and two Windows systems. I use both OSes all the time, mostly for different tasks.

Mac OS doesn't really have a "device manager." The System Profiler is an application that gives you details about your hardware and software, but it doesn't allow you to make driver and other changes. It's just a reporting app. Because you can't make any changes on the Mac's System Profiler or general about screen, it's not included in System Preferences. The argument can be made that both are access from "sort of" the same place though. After all, the "System Properties" in Windows is also its "About" window.