I also still recommend Crashplan. I've been using it since June of last year, and I've had one or two points where I've needed to do a recovery. It always works just as promised.

I've set up a couple of my clients with the "back up to friends" destination, and it works very well.

I've also set up a small real estate group with the "backup to another computer" destination. That's used mostly for those on the Family Unlimited+ plan, and you get a list of the other computers set up with Crashplan on your account. You're able to back up to any and all of the other computers. Recovery from these locations, if they're local like with this real estate group, are very quick.

So yes, I'm still very pleased with Crashplan.

I think the only thing I dislike is how difficult it is to work with mapped drives like NAS devices. How are you doing that, Andy? I've seen a couple solutions to this and was able to get one of them to work with one client of mine, but I didn't have a great deal of confidence in it.

One way I've seen is to change the process so that it runs as the local user instead of the system. That way it can get around some security feature in Windows that prevents accessing mapped drives or something.

Oh, wait, you're running this on OSX, aren't you? Nevermind then, it's easy for you smile