Originally Posted By: Shonky
Like Andy I found many other solutions did not seem to handle large numbers of files/data. That was even on more enterprise levels a few years back when I was looking for a solution for my old company.

I also can't find another company that does it for as little money. That's the only thing that worries me, that they're going to realize they're not charging enough and raise their prices. Oh well, I paid for 4 years up front, so presumably I'm safe for another 3.5 years unless they go out of business smile

To compare, Mozy would cost me $35 a month if I didn't add any more data to my backup. Carbonite initially looks like it has even better prices than Crashplan, but that $59/year doesn't let you back up ANY external hard drives! The higher priced plans only let you back up one! Also, their software client is the worst of these three.

Quote:
Currently I'm at 959GB and the server reports 672GB, so there's about 30% compression/deduplication in there.

Where do you see this information? I'd like to check that out too...

Quote:
In the time I've been using it (about 1 year now), there hasn't been a single update I don't think. There are a few quirks and inflexible things but really I find it's set and forget. It just works(tm).

I've found it to be the same. That's exactly what I want from such a service. I have noticed some of those server-side issues, but they're very infrequent.