My understanding is that the Obi300 and Obi302 models are intended for bundled sales with/by VOIP and ISP companies, which is why the Google Voice functions are missing. As far as I know they are not 'updated' models, merely feature focused versions.

I use the full featured Obi202 model which provides support for two simultaneous phone calls (independant Line 1 and Line 2). I do not use the built-in Obi router functions nor the USB or Bluetooth. Wired Ethernet to my Apple brand router but no discreet QoS features enabled in the router to prioritize VOIP traffic.

I use VOIP.MS for inbound and outbound calling and Google Voice for 'free' outbound calls. All my inbound calls go directly through VOIP.MS numbers and ring via the Obi telephone ports. I have four or five PSTN inbound VOIP.MS phone numbers including one fax number, eight Panasonic cordless handsets plus a corded two line desk telephone (all have access to line 1 and line 2). *

There is a learning curve as both the Obi box and VOIP.MS are highly configurable. On the Obihai side there is a configuration web portal on the device and the device is configurable via the ObiTalk web service. For some settings the ObiTalk web configuration (if enabled) will take precedence and will overwrite changes made directly to the device settings. Some technical settings can only be made on the device web interface.

Some web browsers seem to work better with the Obi device web interface. Pop-up help only worked with one of my browsers.

VOIP.MS I have no problems with. The service itself is excellent. Customer service is professional when needed but there is some expectation that the customer understands how his equipment is supposed to be configured and how telecom stuff generally works.

* I also have a free iNUM inbound number provided by VOIP.MS which allows zero cost calling from anywhere on the Internet that can call an iNUM number.

Another calling method is via free PSTN to SIP gateways which exist as local numbers in many cities. Call the local gateway, then dial the target SIP number for my service, and my home phone rings, zero cents per minute for me and only local calling costs for the caller.

Anyone using an Obihai box can call anyone else using a Obihai for free, globally. There is even an OBiON app for smartphone that provides access to all of your Obi service enabled calling methods. The Obi app is activated using the unique Obi 'device number' of your particular box.

And SIP to SIP calling over the Internet is also free, you just need to know the SIP number to reach the person or company you are calling.

Tip: make sure your internet router/modem and the Obihai box are UPS powered so the telephone system will continue to work when the electrical power fails. I also have the cordless phone base station on the UPS.

Edited by K447 (03/01/2017 00:39)