Update!

Everything works! Google WiFi was easy to set up and is consistently delivering the full 240Mbps to my laptop as I can get from my GigE-wired desktop. Yes, I'm paying for 200Mbps and sometimes get 20% more than that. At least, that's with Netflix's fast.com, which is presumably harder to fake out than other speed testers. This is even faster than the WiFi speeds in my office, where my campus IT people have seen fit to put a Cisco managed-something-or-other WiFi AP directly in my ceiling.

The Obihai / VoIP.ms setup has also been very happy. NoMoRobo takes a bit of getting used to. Never, ever grab the phone on the first ring, unless you recognize the callerID. The way it works is that NoMoRobo is set up on a calling group with your home phone, so whoever picks it up first "wins" and connects to the call. They'll pick up after the first ring if they determine the call is spam. In practice, this means I'm sitting in my home-office, the phone rings, and I sit there holding my breath waiting for the second ring. Kinda fun.

At this point, I can declare my house to be "4K ready". The next stage will be when Sony announces pricing on the A1E. Similarly, I'll need to sort out whether I really want the Sony ZA3100ES amp, for which the main plus is that it has an Ethernet switch, or whether I want to slog through all the other options as well. All the latest Dolby Atmos 3D Sound crap seems to mostly only just make my head spin in three dimensions.