Originally Posted By: Phoenix42
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I might buy the one-pack since it works with the existing OnHubs.

Do you think there is an advantage to using them with an OnHub

Only that I already have the OnHub already so it's nice that a brand new product came out over a year later that would still work with my existing router.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Does anyone know if the ethernet jack on a remote WiFi puck can act as a wired bridge for a device without wireless?

The impression I got from a review I read yesterday is that both jacks could be used as LAN on the remote pucks - sorry, I don't recall which review.

I'll look into that, thanks.

Quote:
@DWallach Does Google WiFi have any Cloud dependency? We've seen Google, and other vendors, abandon products in the past. Could Google hamstring your Wifi if they left the market?
BTW great thread.

It uses an app to control the system, which communicates to it over WiFi or the internet, depending on whether you're at home or not (I've been able to connect to the router from within my house even when there was no outgoing connection).

They could always abandon it, but I don't believe there's been a precedence for them doing that to a product that people actually paid money for. Although I'm probably forgetting something.