Hey guys,
Let me first quickly introduce myself. I've been lurking these forums for quite a while now. I'm one of the administrators and owners of i-club.com (which some of you I think are familiar with). And I'm friends with trevorp so I've know about the empeg for a loooong time now.

Until the recent price drop I just couldn't afford a system for the car, but with this price drop I had to get one, so I splurged and picked up a 60gb unit.

After about 3 weeks of picking components (amp, speakers, subs) I've finally started the install. I'll post some pics as soon as I get some time and some good light. But I think I found an excellent solution to the mounting problem on most of the Subarus.

INSTALLATION:

Since trevorp is a close friend of mine, he coaxed me to mount the empeg like Tony's (and others), by mounting the cage with screws, so I went out and purchased some #3 machine screw hardware. We placed the Subaru radio brackets over the cage and drilled the holes, mounted it, and it looks great. I'm actually surprised how well it worked. I was afraid the screws we're going to get in the way of the empeg when sliding it in and out, but they cleared just fine. I'll get pics of that first. The reason I did this instead of try to mount the unit with some romex (as in the forester install) is b/c I didn't want to keep the stock CD player below, or above, the empeg, so I lost the needed support for that installation. For now I'll be installing a subaru dash pocket instead. Shortly though I will end up with some more gauges (oil temp, pressure, something else) in the second DIN slot.

I need the gauges to monitor my aftermarket turbo setup on the car. Which is also the reason I haven't had any money to spend on a sound system for the car. All my money has gone into make the car fast. I've succeded in that department turning a 2.5 liter normally aspirated engine from 165hp/167ft.lbs into a 320hp/330ft.lbs turbo engine in an AWD car (she's pretty quick for a little turbo four banger). I figure it's about time to round out the cars performance with an equally impressive sound setup.

I'll keep you posted with pics, instructions and dimensions as soon as I get them.

Keep up the good work on the site Tony.

-Nick
http://www.i-club.com/
(attached is a pic of my car)

Attachments
65341-frontright.jpg (591 downloads)