Thanks Jim,
I went at the inside edges of the trim with a dremel. I think it came out pretty nice. This does however mean that the empeg sits behind the trim ring so I have to remove it in order to slide the unit out. Fortunately on the Subaru this takes all of 5 seconds.

Why don't I worry about removing the Empeg each time I leave the car. Well I'm really careful about where I park it, it spends all night in a locked garage, and there's pleanty of other more expensive things in the car I'd worry about loosing before I'd worry about the Empeg.

Here's a better close up of the empeg and the trim ring:

Now if I could only find a way to interface my empeg with my TEC-II Fuel/Spark control computer. It drives my entire cars fuel and spark delivery, and how I was able to get twice the HP out of a nearly stock car with a turbo strapped onto it.

The TEC-II just has a serial interface that you upload maps to to alter the cars settings. It would be pretty sweet to be able to trick the kernal into sending the maps across whenever I wanted to change the cars performance. Perhaps say fuel efficient and race. And of course the ultimate would be when the voice regonition starts working. I think then I would officially be driving KITT!

-Nick