We'll this is a long story... so I ordered the mounts from crutchfield to mate the Infinity Perfect6.1 in the front doors of the Subaru. Unfortunatly, as I found out late last night, the depth in the door depth in the sedan and coupe is different. So when I put the new mount in it was hitting the door on the bottom. Wasn't happy about that at all!!!

So... we ended up cutting off part of the stock speaker mount and used some spacers to bring it out far enough to clear the window in the back, and still not hit the door on the front. It's a tight fit, but it dosen't touch anything. There is a foam baffle around the speaker now and that does touch the bottom of the window a little, but it's just foam and barely touches.

We quickly threw the car back together last night so I have my back seat again and the side panels went back over the stealth sub enclosures. I'll have to still take up the seats one last time so I can fix the wiring, as it's still sorta just hanging all over the place, but 12:30am is not the correct time to try to be neat and make stuff like wires look pretty.

Anyway, I'll post more pics as I get them. On the upside, the Infinitys sound great. They don't carry much in the low frequencies as the low cutoff is 70Hz, but they have some of the best sound reproduction of any speaker I've ever heard. Just messing with it on the way to work this morning I heard stuff in songs I never even new was there. Fortunatly the JLs are making up for the low end with a vengance.

Gonna work on balancing the sytem levels tonight. So hopefully I'll be all done by this weekend.

Later... I'll keep you posted as I get more stuff done.

-Nick