Ok, now the word to a REAL italian

Real pizza is the Pizza Margherita: it is made like all pizza of a thin layer of paste, covered by a layer of tomatoes (better if roughly cutted) and NOT cheese, but Italian Mozzarella. It is then flavored with only two spices: basil and origan.

In our market I see some boxes with 'American Pizza' written on it... ok it is not the real pizza! It has on it almost everything!!! Pizza is not a piece of bread covered with all comestibles you found in kitchen: it must have a precise flavour!

BTW for the types of pizza the base is always the same, then changes the 'top' ingredients: sicilian has normally caper and olives, napoletana has caper and anchovies, diavola (devily) has spicy salame, prosciutto e funghi has ham and mushrooms, and so on...
I can't remember as an usual pizza, one with pepperoni - however, you could ask to the 'pizzaiolo' to make one special for you

I f you have any other questions, feel free to ask... we have not as many technology as US, but in the 'pizza range' there is no equal

Oh, and if someone of the BBS people will come to Italy, let me know! I will take you to eat a very special pizza