For what it's worth, guys, I am totally 100% with Mark here. While I think it was a little bit of overkill to put out a Hijack version to make this point, I think it's certainly illustrating the point for some people. I just wish the Empeg developers would reconsider their stance against vertical playlist menus.

I have no problem with the Empeg's *main* menu and sub-menus being horizontal, but I think the Playlists sub-menu should pop up into a vertical menu (which would cover the screen and visuals, oh well.) But the one thing I would change is that I would use the smaller Empeg font so five lines could be fit onto the display, and I'd always keep the currently selected playlist in the center (third line of text.) This is the way my trivia game scrolls, and though it's too slow because of my slow graphics API, I think it's a good strategy.

Or, in other words, instead of Hijack's "scroll the cursor until it reaches the top/bottom, THEN scroll the list elements" strategy, I would use a "never scroll the cursor, always scroll the screen elements" strategy, more like the way the horizontal menu always keeps the current item in the center. This would be less of a change for most people, and would be less complicated for the eyes to follow. (Obviously the current item would be either inverse or bold to distinguish it.)