> Mark, if you can't take criticism, then you really should
> refrain from giving it out. It doesn't suit you. And if you don't
> find working on Hijack any fun, then maybe you should
> think about retiring it and find something else to hack on.
> Would I want that to happen? No. But I find your recent
> attitude a little egocentric. I won't appologise if this goes
> against the common grain around here.

Well, thanks a pant-load, Bruno for single-handedly pissing off the person who's provided me the single-most coolest most-handy augmentation to the empeg ever, and who promised to likely be the one to bring more cool features to the table.

But no, somehow minor GUI nuances were worth getting prissy over.

You think he's arrogant? Guess what -- HE'S EARNED THE RIGHT. If you don't like that, then do what anyone would do who can appreciate what they are GETTING -- put up, shut up and take what you get and be HAPPY.

Mark's had to put up with a lot of left-field "its great, but could you get it to wipe my ass" feature suggestions from every wa-hoo here, and you take the guy to the mat about GUI ISSUES?

Somehow this reminds me of the times I write a good feature into some software at work, and out of the 10 bozos I work with who say "hey thats cool" there's always the one who finds some TRIVIAL DETAIL to pick at. Guess which one of the 10 bozos is always first against the wall when times get tough? Tip: the one lacking priority and scope.

Yes, HiJack will evolve and become even greater with input and even critical scrutiny, but know when to BACK OFF and know when to be GRACIOUS.

Thanks, Mark -- for putting up with all the thankless hours and half-baked suggestions on what has become a JOB you didn't ask for. I hope someday you return to developing HiJack. However, if you stopped now, I'd still be incredibly happy with it.
- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case