Does anyone have any information at all on how to get going on userland apps? I havn't poked at any of the source code for anything yet, but I'm interested in playing with the userland stuff. There are a couple userland apps listed in the FAQ, but there has to be more information on how the userland apps interface with hijack somewhhere?

If I get around to playing with userland apps I'll be happy to write up a FAQ entry on how to do it. Anyone have any docs or pointings to old threads that happened before I became an empeg addict?

Well, I for one am happy you're on board with developing stuff... Welcome to the fold. Now, there's no real detailed intro on how to develop apps. If you look at the Hijack kernel patch, there's a bit of a skeleton application listed there.

Incidentally I'm coming close to releasing my alarm clock application, and I'll release the source as well when that happens. It should be enough to get you started. No promises on when, though. Until then, look at the kernel source (I think it's in the comments to hijack.c or hijack.h, but I can't remember offhand.)