Have you tried using the item exclude ability to reduce your menu options to 1 fewer than fill the full screen?

I liked Tony's (ynot) suggestion of not moving the highlight when scrolling the menu. Of course this involves a bit more logic because you do have to allow movement when there aren't enough items to allow scrolling.

BTW, are you going to document exactly what the "label" names are for removing Hijack menu items in config.ini? Or are they the exact names as they appear in the menu? (even so, so you have a list already typed up anywhere?)

Also, a question I've never seen answered before. What codes do your button names represent? Care to put up a table of that too? (ie. are they Rio or Kenwood codes - looks like both, but which is which?) Not to mention that numerous codes repeat since there aren't unique ones available (Info and Details, 2 and Artist etc...)

Planning on supporting modifiers in Popups anytime soon? My primary one is for using "Detail.L" in a popup (aka Info.L)

How about taking care of some usability problems... Like disallowing button codes to be sent to the player while one of your popups is active? Extremely annoying to be using a popup and being able to do stuff behind it. The button that sends the "popup" code should act the same as pressing OK as well. Anything else other than cancel or next/prev should cancel the popup.

By the way, I agree with you about vertical playlists. However as some people have pointed out, vertical player menus would be pretty bad. As it is, I'd go about improving Hijack's menu as well. Small font with current selection large would be something to try. Obviously it would take up more font space (you could always use a 7bit font for each size to save space). You should also update your font to the player's current font. A lot of characters are easier to read.

Enough typing...

Bruno