This is because everything I buy goes on my credit card, even $2.95 purchases at the auto parts store.

Actually, we don't differ all that much, we just use different means to accomplish the same ends. I use my debit card on almost everything, and that is directly tied to my checking account. I get the same monthly report, and an almost instant report online. I do use the ATM quite a bit, but that money is almost always spent on low cost food trips.

I, like you, keep debt to a minimum with daily things. My new computer system was bought with a touch or credit, but thats due to my delayed selling of my old LCD monitor.

I typicially use my $200 credit card for gas, and other small things. I tend to pay a random amount off every month, thus allowing the credit card company to earn some money off of me, but not a ton. This, combined with my car and motorcycle credit marks should put me in a good position to buy a house next year. The fact that my bank offered me up to $25,000 on a new vehicle makes me feel pretty good that my credit file is doing just fine. (And it was at a low interest rate too).