Laura: Does a girlfriend have a right to get upset because her boyfriend bought himself a toy? Gee, I wouldn't think so.....
I would hope that she wouldn't care.

Wfaulk:The right? No. The likelihood? Definitely. After all, that's money he could have been spending to get her perishables like flowers and chocolates.

Um, I'm with Laura here. I really don't care how my SO spend his money. His businees, not mine. I can remember on one occasion a guy I was dating complained about my spending habits.. I got rid of him fairly soon after that. Then again, I've run into men who had a problem with me picking up the check. Never went out with them again either,

And IMO, flowers and chocolate suck. Especially flowers. And I got tons of those at my old job. I can actually remeber asking why the [censored] men did this, considering it was the week of my birthday and there had to be at least $400 worth of them around my office. Waste of money, almost as bad as Valentines Day (crock of [censored]).

wfaulk:Are you sure you're a woman?

Last I checked, yeah, I am. Maybe this is why the bulk of my relationships end in disaster.l Who knows.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony