Here's a status update for those watching the progress here.

The order queue currently has 38 docks on order. I plan to produce about 45 of this design, at the average rate of one or two a week, or faster whenever I end up without a Linux contract (got two "in negotiations" at present).

Unit #001 is completely wired and gracing the shelf of my office at present, and I will be hanging onto it for now as a "model" for assembling others. The internal dock fan is slightly noisier than I had hoped for, but still significantly quieter than the hard disk in the unit, so I'm not going to fuss with it anymore.

Unit #002 is currently having it's wiring hooked up (all connections are being soldered rather than just crimped -- slower, but better, at least the way I do it), and will ship shortly to a buyer who has jumped a few queue positions by offering a new home for my original Empeg Mk2 player -- I will ship those two items together this week.

Units #004 - #008 are completely cut out and awaiting assembly in the woodshop. That will take maybe two hours or so for the batch. After that, they require wiring of the various connectors and stuff, before I can consider shipping them out. They will probably hit the mail by the end of next week, but could suffer delays if the Linux contracts come through. These are all "Works" units.

After that, I need to cut out and machine another batch of parts. But since I now know how many are needed (tons!), I will endeavor to produce about 30 of everything this time around. It will take several days to cut out and assemble all of those units.

After that, I will hopefully find time to wire up one or two units a week until all orders are satisfied. Once I have exhausted my supply of docking connectors, production will likely cease.

Well, back to the wiring job now..

Cheers