Hi Loren!

The shop began with a tablesaw (long since replaced..) back in 1988. I've been lugging new cast iron into it ever since -- no risk of our house ever floating away in a flood (like we ever even have floods here). The newest BIG toy is an 18" drum sander (for surface sanding, thicknessing, etc.).

Construction of the docks is using six basic machines -- tablesaw, router, drill-press, mortiser, belt-sander, and plate-joiner -- plus logs of jigs, fixtures, cordless drills, and hand tools. And, oh-yeah, my trusty soldering station.

As for the 50 Docks, when I started the concept, I figured I might be able to distribute as many as a hundred of them if I could ship them by Christmas..

Well, that date got missed, and I figured that perhaps only half as many might go now. So I have bulk ordered the parts needed for 50 docks, and that's what I'm making (for now). If sufficient waitlisted orders pile up by the end of the first 50, I might make another 50 units. Assuming I don't lose too much money on them -- costs really add up, and this is eating into my contracting time.

Right now, shipping is being held up while I find suitable packaging to protect the units as they sail through the postal system and onto the floor. Need to find a cheap local supply of 9x9x4" boxes with 1/2" bubble/foam liners.

Cheers!