Your unit (#002) is one of the few that predate my bulk purchase of variable resistors for the fan speed. Instead, yours has a single 120 OHM (1/4watt) resistor. If you find the fan too loud, it can probably tolerate changing that resistor to as much as 250 OHMs.

The resistor can be accessed by removing the bottom panel, and then peering into the wiring section --> it has a tie-wrap around it. Just snip the tie-wrap, undo the tape underneath, and there it is.

Best done only if necessary, and WITHOUT removing the back connector panel (which might disturb the other connections unduly).

If you're happy with the fan level as is (seemed quiet enough to me), then leave it alone. I might mail you an extra 120 OHM resistor if you think you'd like it quieter -- just wire it in series with the one that's already there.
------

Background: I trialed several different fan types for this project, and it came down to two models in the end. Somehow I got confused as to the resistance values for the two kinds. Dock #001 has the OTHER fan kind, for which 120 OHM is nearly perfect. Dock #002 onward have a better model of fan, with lower current draw, permitting larger resistors. Since I wired #001 and #002 at the same time, I used the same resistors in each, forgetting about the two different fan types. Both docks are pretty quiet, but.. being a perfectionist at times, I eventually decided the added expense of a variable resistor (potentiometer) might be less fuss for me in the end. there ya go.

Cheers