40 minutes is good, but the record is under one minute!

The wiring is done already for these ones -- crimped with the new tool on the docking connector side, soldered joints on the back panel connectors. I have also switched from "whatever I have on hand" wiring to using newly purchased 24g 7-strand hookup wire for the signals, and thicker stuff for the power lines.

The ethernet connections are now being done with the EZ-RJ45 crimper and special RJ-45 plugs -- cost works out about the same as using purchased pre-assembled cables, but the dock design is slightly improved because I can now "crimp in place", which helps out with the way the cable is mounted/positioned internal to the dock. Labour works out about the same as the earlier design, end result is slightly better.

These docks are the first ones of the "final" design, which features (in addition to the new ethernet cabling method) a much tighter tolerance fit for the player. Hopefully there won't be too much variance in player dimensions.. My own three remaining units all fit the new dimensions just fine, but there's not much margin for error!

These are also the first docks to be using the "new" 1/2" MDF supplies that seem to have supplanted the "original" MDF in all stores in this area. The new stuff is lighter in colour, and a little less dense than the older stuff I had been using. New docks are now a mix of the old/new types of MDF. So far, it seems to make no difference (other than a few grams of mass) in the final product. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being able to ship more of these soon.

Cheers