Hey, many thanks to the guys at the NY meet for upgrading me to 2.0final and HiJack (cwillenbrock and JeepBastard (right?)). However, I'm having a huge problem with the menu system. I know I should read the FAQ and look on the BBS, but I'm basically in panic over this.

The first symptom in a sentence:
When I enter a menu, it shows me a random item rather than the one that's currently selected.

The second symptom in a sentence:
In the menus, the order of the items is different each time I go into the menu.

The question in a sentence:
Is this the design of all 2.0 versions, just 2.0final, or a result of HiJack?

The symptoms in more than a sentence:
Let's take the Info menu for example:
In 1.03, if ya'll can think back that far, the items in the Info menu were Off, Line, Track, Now&Next, in that order. When I was currently viewing in Line mode, going into the Info menu would show Line selected. Also, with Line selected, the item to the left was Off and the item to the right was Track. So, if I wanted to change from Track to Now&Next, I'd enter the Info menu, press Right twice, and press Down to select. The items were always in the same order and the item which was currently selected was displayed upon entering the menu.

Now with 2.0final and HiJack, the Info menu shows the first symptom. If I'm viewing in Line mode and I enter the Info menu, it has Now&Next selected. Then, if I select Now & Next, when I enter the Info menu, it has Transient selected. Why is this?

The Shuffle menu shows both the symptoms. If I have Off selected, when I enter the Shuffle menu, the previously used shuffle mode is selected; let's say that's By Year. The order of the items is:
By year, Newest additions, Off, Random, Least often played, Least recently played

Ok, so I'll select By Year. Now, when I go back into the Shuffle menu, Off is selected. BUT, now the order of the items is:
Off, By year, Newest additions, Random, Least often played, Least recently played
So, when I go into the Shuffle menu, Off is selected and has been removed from its place between "Newest additions" and "Random" and is now to the left of the currently selected item "By year."

I see the logic for Shuffle: "Off is always selected so you can always switch it off" AND "The currently selected mode is to the right of Off." But that's not consistent with Info, which doesn't move items around but, each current Info state has it's corresponding unrelated state which is shown upon entering the Info menu.
(ie:
Off gives you Line,
Seek gives you Track (which is next to it, so that makes sense),
Track gives you Seek,
Transient gives you Off,
Line gives you Now&Next,
Now&Next gives you Transient)

Then, the Repeat menu always shows Off when it's selected, which is fine because the little r down by the track number in Track mode means Repeat All and the big R means Repeat One. But I can't tell that from Line mode and I have a hell of a time getting BACK to Track mode because going into the Info menu dumps me at Now&Next

More stuff in more than one sentence:
Now, I was able to figure all that logic out on the hour ride home from the meet. I WASN'T able to even start with the Visuals menus. All I know is, I was viewing Scope and entering the Visuals menu (by type), then Soundplot, Anna Vu was selected. Selecting Anna Vu and reentering the Visuals menu (by type) and Soundplot menu, I was shown Oscilloscope Persist. Ok, so the order of the menu is staying the same, but it's still selecting a random item when I reenter the menu.

Then I won't even ask what is the function of holding the Down button at the playing view because I can just look that up in the documentation (though I'd have to look up where to find the documentation). All I know is it doesn't turn Info on and off and it doesn't go to the previous Info mode, so I don't know. And though I love the new Equalizer menu, I'm bummed that it's placed as the third right item in the Sound menu, which, itself, was demoted to third left item in the main menu instead of first left item. For me, EQ is the most important Sound item and it was very useful to have it as the selected as soon as I entered Sound.

But I will ask if there's a way to keep Line mode from squishing the visual. It seems to make the visuals (Scope and Soundflag, I noticed) run slower and jitter a bit. And, while it's cool, I can't bear to think that the beautiful Soundflag (or any of them) are getting distorted from their original perfection.

Ok, rant over. Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.