Tony:
I remember that 2.0b13 was better than 1.03 because I tried it for a time. But my reason for sticking with 1.03 was twofold:
One - I'd read somewhere that "It's better to do your initial upload of your MP3s using 1.03; the more stable version." So, I decided to keep with 1.03 until that was done. 6 months later, I'm only half done uploading my MP3s so....
Two - I figured I'd better tame 1.03 before jumping into 2.0b13. I tried b13 but it was so intense, that I just backed down to 1.03 to get the hang of things.

However,
>Next time, don't be so shy about running the betas. Perhaps stuff
>like this would get caught and fixed sooner

If I'd jumped to 2.0b13, I wouldn't have known 1.03 well enough to notice the changes in 2.0b13. Like, for instance, another thing that's making me panic about 2.0final is this:

The Left and Right beep sounds seem quieter than the Up and Down beep sounds.

(Yes, I tried searching the BBS for that first but, haha, using keywords "beep louder", I couldn't find much). So, if I hadn't used 1.03 so much, I wouldn't have gotten to know the 1.03 beep sounds so well that I noticed they were different in 2.0final.

Oh, and while I'm beeping about the beep tones, after entering the Equaliser menu, pressing Down to bring down the menu doesn't produce a beep. But, oh well, I'm just being neurotic.