The posted speed limit is 60MPH
That IS a very slow posting for an intersate
That depends on where you live. In the DC Metro area, all the interstates are 55mph. It isn't until you get about 30 miles south of the beltway that it becomes 65, which is more acceptable.

I agree completely with your statements, Bitt. I also have one question for you, since you're in the NC area: have you ever been to Williamsburg? Driving in that area for the last 3 years has very nearly killed my love of driving. I have yet to find an area that has worse speed limits, traffic patterns, and traffic lights than Williamsburg, VA.

The main road in town is Richmond Rd. At one point it is a road with 2 lanes each way and a turning lane in the middle. There are about 3-4 lights in this mile of road, and about 7 entrances to store parking lots on each side of the road. This road is 25mph. AHH! I just can't stand it! This is only made worse by the fact that there is so little for cops to do in this town full of tourists and old people, that they WILL pull you over for doing 34 in a 25 (I have). In fact, they always have two cars present when this happens.

Add to all this the fact that there are exactly 1.5 intersections in the entire town where you can turn left on green (legal in VA if no left-hand turn red arrow is present), and you can understand how I regularly scream at some non-existant traffic regulator in the sky.