Hmmm, I’d have to say I’d agree with Bitt here: the law should be about what society collectively agrees is right or wrong; it should not be used as a tool to weed out those who don’t have the abilities to break it without being caught. Ok, well maybe that isn’t exactly what he’s been getting at, but for me I think that making laws that aren’t supposed to be followed by everyone is an abuse of our legal system.

I personally don’t speed much in town, if at all, even when I’m on the free way. About the only time I do is when I’m on the open freeway traveling in between cities. I personally feel good about 70 mph limits, but I know this isn’t universally true. When you have an area where everyone wants to go faster, including the police, why make limits that everyone wants to break? I know you’ll argue that it’s in people’s nature to break limits (with which I’ll agree), but there are some limits that everyone seems to feel are ludicrous. Last year they set Houston’s limits back to 55mph and I had a real struggle trying not to speed, as did everyone I talked to (after about six months they moved it back up). But like I said earlier, here in San Antonio I hardly ever speed and a large number of cars around me seem to drive within the speed limit as well. This would suggest that there are reasonable limits that a large portion of people could abide.