If you are respectful and polite, you might be able to admit your speed, apoligize, and throw yourself on his mercy. It's worked for me (once...).

Yeah, that can certainly work. I've only been pulled over twice, both times within a year of getting my license. Once I got pulled over for doing 98km/h in a 50km/h zone. The cop that pulled me over asked if I wanted to see the radar printout as proof, to which I said "No, I trust you." I think he was a bit surprised by that one, and he reduced the ticket to a 15 over. The second time, I made a bonehead pass on a rainy morning, doing 120km/h in an 80km/h zone. The oncoming traffic was led by a cop. I saw him pull over and turn his flashers on in my rearview mirror, so I pulled off onto a sidestreet, out of traffic, where he could see me, and just waited for him. That, I think, helped me go from getting my license suspended (he could have ticketed me for a combination of speeding/dangerous driving) to getting off with nothing but a stern lecture.