inviting in thousands of karma owners doesn't sound like the best idea to me.
Well it sounds like there will be at least a couple hundred Karma owners pretty soon, and that's with no change to the existing user base... Wouldn't it be nice if those threads were in their own little forum that non-Karma owners could choose to ignore? Or just visit on occasion?
I think we would lose a lot of the current regulars as the post ratio began to lean towards more Karma discussions
Again, the Karma discussions will be in the Karma General forum, or the Karma Technical forum. empeg discussions will be in the empeg General forum or the empeg Technical forum. The empeg forums might have a few Karma noobs poking around, but in general, they aren't going to care about what goes on in the empeg forums.

If anything, my intention with this was to *preserve* the integrity of the existing Empeg forums, by having a separate place for Karma stuff to go. In so doing, I thought it'd be interesting to see if we can't *benefit* from the fact that Rio is releasing another cutting-edge product.