A lot of stuff has been said here that I agree with. i certainly dont want to see the forums overrun with 733t 5p34k1n6 testerone-overloaded teens who think that they are the Shiz cos of their phat kazaa-leached mp3 collection yet cant be bothered to punctuate their posts let alone use the search feature - y dont u just tell me how 2 do it cos i dont have time to search

It is important to remember that out of 4000 empegs sold, maybe 200 (?) owners are regular posters on this forum, ie 1 in 20. If 1 in 10 of Karma owners ended up being regular posters here, that could easily exceed 10,000 new people. (Obviously I don't know what the target sales figures are, but I think that 100,000 units is probably on the low side).
I doubt very much that the culture of this BBS would survive as it is - face it, if you take a small town of 200 Chinese people and then add a population of 10,000 Germans, you can be sure that before long the Chinese culture would become marginalised.

That all being said, I am sure that there will be plenty of Karma owners who would prove to be valuable forum members, and who would add to the wonderful atmosphere that prevails here. I am sure that the Rio Marketing Department aren't only marketing their new flagship product to the annoying folk.

I'm in favo[u]r of a non-spiderable Karma forum being added to this BBS, but preferably in conjunction with a separate more complete set of Karma-related forums elsewhere. Let the masses use the other forums, and leave the one here for those who have the intelligence and inclination to discover and use it.

I hate being cliquey. But I'm too fond of this place.