Greetings!

Oh, I don't think anyone would want to ban you. There are very few instances of that here, and usually for specific reasons. It is truly pretty pointless, anyway, being that this is still an open board, searchable to the world.

I agree that this really is the best place to keep up with the new developments in Rio technology. You have the software and hardware developers here, and probably a bunch of the alpha and beta test crowd as well.

I also agree that this community is something usual to the internet. I do not linger on any other board, because of the signal / noise ratio you mention. Also, there are no other boards that really have the span of people, skills, interests and that get along (most of the time) well enough to discuss almost anything intelligently. (Please see the posting about "Other Off Topic Forums" in the Off Topic forum.)

I think the greatest concern is having the community become diluted to the signal / noise ratio so common on other boards. The thought of this board becoming another slash-dot / "leet speak" / "me too" threaded board is horrifying to myself and probably a lot of other people here. (With the possible exception of the "me too" postings seen on the Karma Pre-Order thread...)

You are a valuable addition to the board: keep posting!!! And, if you are interested in getting an empeg, post - I am certain someone here will be able to help you out...