If you have repeats and first run set on a season pass, it should be recording every single episode that airs on that specific channel, regardless of what day or time it's on, with the exception of any specific episode that you have already recorded in the past 28 days.

Phew, that was a mouthtful. I do that for a few shows, but I don't bother to try and get them in sequence because the station airing them doesn't either. South Park is one example, however I know that new episodes are broadcast on a certain day - Thursday.

This past week I still managed to miss "Passion of the Jew" however because I was farting around with the TiVo drive in my PC. Argh.

I can think of a number (ok, many) ways of bettering the TiVo. Unfortunately I don't have the source code for their software and I don't know of anyone who has been able to produce any hack that involves customizing the app software itself to the degree necessary to accomplish my improvements.

It's good enough for what it was designed though. Small library of recorded content. Even though I have a drive big enough to go past this "small" amount.

Bruno